Sunday, March 11, 2007

Shorts, Hot Dogs and Tomatoes


Although it wasn't the first day of Spring yesterday, it felt like it was. The temperature was close to 70 degrees and the sun was shining all day. As soon as I stepped outside, I felt the corners of my mouth start to turn up into a smile and the dreary mood of winter began to lift. The birds seemed to be singing louder than usual, and I felt the urge to till my garden.

My boys wore shorts, and wanted to stay outside most of the day. Chip powerwashed the front porch, and I didn't want to remind him that soon the pollen of Spring would turn our red porch yellow. He seemed to want to help Spring and Summer along as much as I did.

We cooked burgers and hot dogs on the grill last night and added a tomato to our salad. While not as good as our summer garden tomatoes, the flash of red in the salad was a nice contrast to the hearty brown stews of Winter's menu.

Sunny, warm late Winter days are the best....

No comments: