Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Today, I am thankful...

  • For email. Communicating with school administrators via email rather than face to face keeps my blood pressure from getting too high!

  • For summer evenings when I can stand out next to my vegetable garden, watering it with the hose. It's quite relaxing.

  • For the birds who like to play in the spray of the hose while I water the garden

  • For the ice cold strawberry wine cooler I enjoyed with my dinner last night.

  • For friends like Lynnette and Amy who will listen to me complain after a particularly difficult day at work.

  • For homemade pineapple salsa. The recipe is below and it is great on grilled chicken or shrimp.

  • That both my boys hold doors for women and let them walk through the door first.

  • That Post-It notes now come in a rainbow of colors. For an admitted Post-It addict, it helps brighten my world.

  • That when walking my dog Tuesday evening, we found a baby rabbit that had lost its way home. Lizzie, my dog, kept nudging it with her nose until it once again saw Rabbit Mommy and then we watched it scurry happily home.

  • For Banana Slurpees - as tasty as a banana popsicle, but slushier



Pineapple Salsa

1 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 cup pineapple preserves
1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded jalapeño pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

(This is just as good without the jalapeño...)

No comments: