Monday, August 2, 2010

Hospital - Days 5, 6 and 7

Recovery is progressing - probably not as quickly as Ronnie would want, but progressing nonetheless.

Friday found my brave boy down in the dumps because he was hungry, thirsty and wanted the tube out of his nose. The doctors again said 'No.' Friday found me a little happier because I finally won the interpreter battle. I was informed Friday morning that interpreters would now be provided from 8am until 9pm.

Saturday was hectic because Ronnie's roommate was going on, and the roommate's parent was not understanding at all what would need to be done at home for her son. I was really glad that Ronnie couldn't hear the language that was flying because roommate's mom didn't want him to leave the hospital. She said she couldn't afford the formula, change her son's NG tube, couldn't work the feeding pump, etc. etc. She was quite beligerent. All I wanted to do was the bring the boy home with me.

Saturday night, Ronnie and I watched and ICarly marathon. His belly laugh was starting to come back, and I really enjoyed the time we spent together. Just look at that smile! That's my Ronnie!!



Unfortunately on Sunday, I had no one to stay with Ashley, so I couldn't go to the hospital. Both Chip and Corey spent the day with Ronnie, and both said that they felt he was back to his normal happy self - even the full-on belly laughs!

Rumor has it that Ronnie's NG tube can be removed tomorrow and he can start on clear liquids. Since he hasn't had anything to eat or drink since a week ago Saturday, I know he will be thrilled.

I really, really hoping that he may be able to come home mid-week. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

2 comments:

Queenbuv3 said...

Glad to hear he is doing well!

Heike said...

I am way behind, but I am glad all went well.