Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful...

  • for the big smile on Ashley's face when she saw the school bus this past Monday morning. She skipped down the driveway. I didn't even know she knew how to skip!

  • for my new little netbook computer. Less than 2 pounds and more powerful than my old laptop

  • that Amy, Ashley and I were able to surprise our friend, Lynnette, with a drive-by birthday cake dropoff last weekend!

  • for a crockpot full of beef stew waiting for my family after a cold, rainy day at school and work

  • that Rocky the dog is doing much, much better with his separation anxiety. I have been able to cut his meds in half, and hopefully within another month, he will be off them completely

  • for my neighbor, Mr. Ed, who smiles and waves each and every time he sees us

  • that last weekend - the end of my two week vacation - I was able to organize both my closet and dresser drawers as well as Ashley's. To me it feels really good to be organized (this is where the people closest to me start laughing and calling me anal retentive)

  • for a steaming bowl of oatmeal with peaches for breakfast each morning

  • for the two good books that my oldest son bought me for Christmas. Normally I am a very, very fast reader, but these books are so good I am trying to slow myself down. I don't want them to end

  • for my job, even though I grumble about getting out of bed each work day morning

  • that my car windshield wipers are still working even though they won't return to 'home' when I turn them off

  • for strangers who smile at you when you pass - even on cold, rainy mornings. Those are people I would like to get to know

No comments: