Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Churches Musn't Neglect The Disabled


(Photo courtesy of Suzy Parker, USA Today)

This article from USA Today sums up everything I have tried to say in the past, but it does a much better job than I. Long time readers know that we have had a very difficult time finding a church home. I firmly believe that is because of the unique and severe disabilities my children have. I have yet to find a church home, including the Catholic church in which I was raised, that is willing to welcome amd include us in their congregation. The article linked below is well worth your time to read, but my favorite quote from it is:

"The fundamental question, disability activists say, is less what is in your congregational budget than what is in your heart."

Churches Musn't Neglect The Disabled

No comments: