Monday, August 8, 2011

A Reason To Celebrate


Back in May, I shared the good news that this year would be the last year the Jerry Lewis would host his annual pity party on Labor Day weekend, better known as the MDA Telethon.

Those of you who have been long time readers of my blog know how I feel about Mr. Lewis and his attitude and beliefs about people with disabilities.

Well, now the news is even better! Jerry Lewis is OUT completely! The MDA announced at the end of last week that Jerry Lewis would not be returning this year or any time in the future. No reason was given for this decision, but I like to hope that the voices of people with disabilities helped make this decision.

To check out my past writing on this subject, you can check here and here, and as I said before, good bye and good riddance, Mr. Lewis.

No comments: