Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Today, this Thursday after Christmas, I am thankful...

  • that I live in a country where suicide bombers are uncommon, and where being a politician usually does not put a bulls-eye on one's head

  • that all the Christmas goodies are almost gone. Maybe in a few weeks my jeans will not be quite as snug as they were today

  • that Amy and I were able to see a great movie last night. Juno is the story of a young girl who becomes pregnant in high school, and who makes remarkably mature decisions.

  • that Corey's grandparents decided to spend the day with him today (during their week long visit to Richmond from Florida)

  • that my washing machine was fixed today. I spent yesterday morning at the laundromat - not one of my favorite places

  • that I have this entire week off from work

  • that Ashley really likes the spinning top toy I gave her for Christmas

  • for all of Jessica's smile over the holidays. She's faced a lot of difficult transitions in the last few months, but she has never lost her cheerful spirit

  • for my health insurance. Without it, I don't know how I would afford the 9 medications Ashley is on, the 5 medications Jessica is on, the 2 that Corey must take, and the 3 that I have.

  • for naps shared with Ashley on a lazy afternoon - there is nothing sweeter

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Naps shared with Ashley, how lovely.