Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful...

  • for yummy 'summer sandwiches' made with heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers and lettuce

  • for Jackie and Amy and all the help they have given my neighbor, Mr. B. Mr. B is terminally ill and is counting days and weeks.

  • that my daughter, Jessica, is going on her first overnight visit to a friend's house this weekend. Although Jessica ia 18 years old, this is a step towards adulthood that she has never tried before.

  • that my rubekia is starting to bloom, showy and vibrant as always

  • that I have a three day weekend coming up!

  • for hot dogs, hamburgers and corn on the cob cooked on the grill on the Fourth of July

  • that my garden has flourished early this year, and I will have time to replant and get even more vegetables before the winter sets in

  • for pool visits with Amy and the kids

  • for salads with fruit in them

  • for slowed-down summer evenings spent listening to Mr. B's stories

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it is great that you find so many things to be thankful for in life!