Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful…

  • for the tasty zucchini bread Miss Amy made for us last Saturday and the brownies she made yesterday. I think I’ll keep her!

  • for the great time Chip, Ashley, Corey and I had at Busch Gardens last Sunday

  • that Mr. Baldwin’s worthless grandson was caught after stealing one of Mr. B’s checks and trying to cash it at the bank. I have never in my life seen such awful family members….

  • for all the tomatoes ripening in my garden that will soon become homemade tomato sauce. We will be able to enjoy them this coming winter also.

  • for the way soft grass feels on bare feet – one of the joys of summer, one of the joys of life

  • for the way my cat, Winky, curls up at the foot of my bed each night when I go to sleep. That’s much better than the way my other cat, Kitty Carlisle, wants to curl up around my head.

  • for all the new kinds of flavored sparkling water on the market. My current favorite is pomegranate cherry from Target

  • for ceiling fans. On these super hot summer days, even the air conditioner doesn’t seem to cool enough. I need air moving.

  • that Big Brother is back on tv. It is one of my summertime vices

  • that Mr. B is still with us and not in too much pain yet


And here's the zucchini bread recipe!!

Zucchini Pineapple Bread

INGREDIENTS
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

DIRECTIONS
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, mix oil, eggs, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend in pineapple and zucchini. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Pour batter into two greased and floured 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour. Cool on wire racks.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I love big brother also..

I was so mad that Jesse was brought back, I didn't like him on his season and I still dislike him!I also don't like Russell this season.. How about you?

Ashley's Mom said...

Shelly, I don't like Jesse or Russell either. I'm hoping Jesse goes the week after he stops being HOH.