Thursday, December 6, 2012

Trying Again


Remember about 5 weeks ago, I wrote about Ashley's swollen left ankle and foot? Well, it's still there. The doctor seems to be a little out of his league on this one, but he did schedule a cat scan for tomorrow.

Like all hospital procedures for Ashley, the scan will be done under anesthesia. We are scheduled to arrive at the hospital at 7am, and hopefully all will go smoothly and we will not be there long. I've never been through a cat scan with Ash before, but I really hope they tell me something before we leave the hospital.

When I have to take any of my children to the pediatrician's office for a sick visit, it's anybody's guess which of the 8 doctors we will see. I, of course, have my favorites, but can't always see those doctors. When I took Ashley in back on November 1st, we didn't get paired with one of my favorite doctors. But, until now, we have stuck with the doctor we saw even though, as I mentioned before, he seems a little out of his league with this ailment.

But, during a visit for an ear infection earlier this week when we did see one of the doctors that is most comfortable with Ashley's many and complex special needs, I brought up the subject of her swollen foot. I think the doctor could sense I needed her on this case, and she stepped up to the plate!

She told me to call her if I didn't hear anything while we were still at the hospital. She said she would then call and have an answer for me before the end of the day.

We may not figure all this out with the cat scan, but I am way more comfortable now knowing that doctor #2 is aware of the issue and is willing to step in.

Please keep Ashley in your thoughts and prayers on Friday.

1 comment:

MichiganMom said...

I hope Ashley did OK today, I have been thinking about her all day. CT scans usually are over in just a few minutes, so hopefully she didn't have to be under long. I hope you got an answer, quickly!