Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Special Exposure Wednesday

My old house got a little bit of an upgrade yesterday.  When houses were built 55 years ago, most of the electrical outlets were installed as non-grounded, two pronged outlets.  I don't quite understand why since in most of my two prong outlets there was a ground wire already present.  A lot of my outlets had stopped working, and worry about fire was always on my mind.

So yesterday, I had all the outlets switched to grounded three prong outlets.  And since the electrician was already at the house, I had him fix a few other things - an outdoor light that had stopped working, and some fluorescent lights in my family room.  Things got so much brighter!  Ashley loved it and couldn't stop signing "light", but all I could think of was how I was going to have to clean a little better.  The dust became much more visible with the new lighting!



No comments: