Monday, November 4, 2013

National Adoption Month

November is one of my favorite months! I love Thanksgiving and I get a lot of time off from work. But another of the reasons I love November is that it is National Adoption Month!! And I want to use this month to raise awareness about the urgent need for adoptive families for children in foster care in the United States.

Did you know there are over 100,000 children and youth in foster care nationwide who are waiting for permanent families? Why don't you take a few moments to meet some of the waiting children on the AdoptUSKids website.

And lest you think you need to be perfect to be a perfect parent to a waiting child, think again! Check out this PSA that speaks right to that issue :)

1 comment:

schnitzelbank said...

Did you see this Dateline segment about Goodwill employing the disabled for pennies per hour? I wondered how you felt about this! I can only imagine...... :-/
http://www.upworthy.com/words-like-good-and-will-dont-belong-together-if-this-is-the-kind-of-thing-they-do-5?g=2