Is it Thursday already? What a hectic week - two IEP meetings, one good and one not so good, doctor appointments, an 80 hour work week in just 4 days...Let's see if I can come up with 10 things for which I am thankful.
Today, I am thankful...
- That Ashley is feeling good, and has had a great week at school
- That her IEP meeting went well yesterday. I've said it before, but I feel the need to say it again, her teacher this year is wonderful! She started the meeting off by having everyone list what they felt Ashley's strengths are. Quite a change from most IEP meetings where all I hear are negative things.
- That although my little buddy, Brooke, started the week off not doing well, she is now feeling better and her seizures are reduced.
- That Valentine's Day candy is already on the store shelves
- That it appears we will all be getting an economic incentive rebate from the government. This is one of those times that having lots of kids is a good thing! $600 per individual, and $300 per child = $1800!!!! Maybe I can finally get a new washer and dryer.
- For the wonderful corn/pineapple salsa recipe I tried this week. Yummm! (see below)
- For a trip to the library this weekend. I love getting new books to read.
- That this coming Monday is Ashley's appointment at the UVA Kluge Epilepsy Center. I'm so looking forward to getting a second opinion about her seizure and brain tumor issues. I'm so not looking forward to dealing with our current neurologist when he finds out we went to UVA.
- That my fat cat is so adept at catching crickets that happen to wander into our house. She is earning that expensive food the vet said she needs to eat!
- For those sticky lint roller contraptions - an absolute must if one has cats
Broiled Chicken with Corn-Pineapple Salsa
Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 20 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Pineapple, cilantro, bell and jalapeno peppers, and corn add unbelievable flavor to this broiled chicken.
6 medium skinless, boneless (marinated in Teriyaki marinade is even better)
chicken breast halves
1 (15.25 ounce) can Whole Kernel Golden Sweet Corn, drained
1 (8 ounce) can Crushed Pineapple In Its Own Juice, drained
1/2 cup green and/or red sweet pepper, chopped
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
1. Rinse chicken; pat dry. Season with pepper. Place on unheated rack of broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until no pink remains; turn once.
2. Meanwhile, stir together corn, pineapple, sweet pepper, cilantro and jalapeno in medium bowl. Serve with chicken. Garnish with additional cilantro and jalapeno peppers, if desired.