Monday, December 16, 2013

It's The Small Things

Ashley and I are alike in so many ways that sometimes it seems like I really did give birth to her rather than adopt her. Like me, she loves to cuddle on the couch on a cold, rainy winter day. We share the extra long couch in the living room, her head at one end and mine at the other. She tucks her feet under me and we share a down comforter. We could both spend hours like that, napping on and off.

She is the child of my heart, regardless of how she joined my family. I truly believe we were destined to be together, long before either of us knew the other existed.

There are and have been so many blessings in my life, and Ashley is just one of them. Throughout the holiday season, I will highlight more of my many blessings, but today, tucked under this comforter, my back being massaged by Ashley's constantly moving feet and toes, is one of my most favorite things!

No comments: