Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Today, this first day of 2009, I am thankful...

  • that 2008 came and went without Ashley spending even one night in a hospital! That's huge!

  • that Lisa, Ashley's birthmother, and I are communicating pretty regularly, and hopefully will meet sometime this year

  • That I finally found the exact kind of mortar and pestle I need for crushing Ashley's medicine

  • that I have been able to keep my job during all the state budget cuts and layoffs

  • that the Christmas cookies are finally all gone

  • that Ashley's latest MRI revealed no further growth of her brain tumors

  • that my baby boy, Chip, is growing up and becoming quite the responsible adult

  • that Rocky has finally settled into life with our family and his separation anxiety has subsided

  • for all the time I got to spend with my family this Christmas break. I haven't ever been able to take 2 weeks off from work - until this year, that is.

  • for the huge smile on Ashley's face as she hand fed a zebra at the zoo (and thanks to Amy for the great Zebra picture!)

2 comments:

Holly said...

Happy New Year, May next year's thankful list be even longer!

Casdok said...

Some huge things to be thankful for there! Happy New Year to you and your family!