Monday, January 2, 2012

Reality Check


Well, my precious two week vacation has drawn to a close. The kid's backpacks are ready, and the lunches have been packed. Our lives are back to the school and work routine tomorrow, and I have to admit that I am sad about that.

We had a wonderful holiday break. We visited museums - did some shopping - had family join us for Christmas celebrations - and played with our newest family member, Cooper.

We checked off four doctor appointments, and we ate way too much food that wasn't healthy. I cleaned the house after all the decorations were moved back to the attic, and Chip and I even got a few projects done around the house.

My only complaint about the holiday break was that it was way too warm. I want cold weather, even snow and ice, for Christmas, but this year we had 65 degrees and ceiling fans running on Christmas morning.

All in all, it was a wonderful time! I hope that you and your families also enjoyed yourselves, and that Santa brought you what you asked for!

Now, I'll start turning on my alarm clock again and braving the morning rush hour! How many days until my next day off....????

No comments: