Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thankful Thursday

It's difficult for me to find my thankful thoughts today because I received word from Ashley’s neurologist last night that her MRI has revealed two new brain tumors. She has had two brain tumors in the past, both benign, but both very scary. So today my list of things I am thankful for is dedicated to my beautiful daughter. I would very much appreciate everyone keeping her in their prayers.

Today I am thankful for:

  • Ashley’s infectious giggle

  • Her sweet voice saying ‘MOM’

  • The way she curls up like a lima bean when she sleeps

  • The way she invents signs when a sign for something doesn’t exist – Cheetos, for example

  • The way she very gently places her hand on my cheeks to turn my face towards hers

  • The joy she finds in bubbles

  • Her obsession with girly clothes

  • The way she signs ‘thank you’ whenever someone does something nice for her

  • Her drive and persistence to learn and experience new things

  • Hearing her say “I luh” (I love you) to all the special people in her life



I love you, my dear Ashley.

No comments: