Tuesday, July 3, 2007

So Stimulating


One of the many things I really enjoy about the internet, and blogs in particular, is how I come to see issues from many different perspectives. Bloggers like Dave Hingsburger and Ballastexistenz frequently help me view disability issues in a new light. Today I came across another blogger who has written about self-stimming behavior. While the author, Joel Smith, discusses this behavior from the point of view of a person with autism, his comments and insight are very applicable to a person like Ashley with deafblindness.

Take a look at his blog entry, Regression and Stimming on his site, "NT's are Weird, An Autistic's View of the World. As a result of reading this entry, I will now look differently and more deeply into understanding Ashley's self-stim behaviors.

No comments: