Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy Anniversary


Happy Anniversary to Pipecleaner Dreams!! One year ago today this blog was born. What started with dancing in gym class, moved through stories about my children (Chip, Corey, and Jessica), stories about educational challenges(here, here, here, here, and here), and medical challenges and stories about friends and special people in my life. I’ve blogged about disability issues which stir my heart and mind, faced some bleak days along the way, and decided to at least once a week focus on the things for which I am thankful.

Ashley’s story, the reason for the birth of this blog, was included in a book by Jonathan Mooney. Our family’s story about adoption was included in Richmond Magazine. And, one of my Thankful Thursday blogs is being published and distributed by Carilion Labs.

I’ve ‘met’ other bloggers like Dave Hingsburger, Casdok, Penny Richards, Candice, Ballastexistenz, Katrina, Mommy Dearest, and Attila the Mom whose intelligence, compassion, and commitment to tell the stories of people with disabilities amaze me each and every day. People who I have never met in person and who may live miles or continents away offer support and words of encouragement when I need them. And I hope that along the way this past year, my words have also touched others and perhaps have changed views regarding disability issues and adoption issues.

I’ve never found writing this blog to be a chore or a challenge. It’s my record of thoughts for my children. It’s my voice to the world, or at least the part of the world which chooses to read it. And it is ultimately, in the words of Attila the Mom, Cheaper Than Therapy!

Here's to 2008!

4 comments:

Penny L. Richards said...

Happy First Anniversary--and many more!

Casdok said...

Happy Blog day!
And yes may there be many more!

Attila the Mom said...

Happy bloggaversary!! Time flies, doesn't it!! :-)

Dave Hingsburger said...

Happy Aniversary ... thanks for all you do on your blog! Dave