Summer has finally arrived, and brought with it suitcases full of heat and humidity. Today’s Thankful Thursday list is dedicated to all things cooling!
Today I am thankful…
- for banana popsicles that drip cold plops of stickiness down overheated extremities
- for ceiling fans and that yummy burst of cold while standing under one right after a shower
- for sprinklers watering my garden and my children all at the same time
- for cold food dinners – barbecued chicken, pasta salad and watermelon
- for cotton clothes. I can’t imagine wearing anything else, except maybe linen, on these sweltering days
- for sitting on a wooden dock and swishing feet in lukewarm lake water while little fish swim by and nibble your ankles
- for homemade lemonade with sprigs of mint from my garden
- for iced water, iced tea and iced coffee
- for a car that has a working air conditioner, a full tank of gas, and a satellite radio
- for the shade of my big maple tree and my covered front porch
What do you do to keep cool in the summer?