Today I am thankful...
- for this cooler, rainy day. It's a nice respite from summer's heat.
- for the incredible spaghetti sauce I made this week from my garden tomatoes
- that finally we have an IEP date to develop Ash's IEP for the upcoming school year - oh yea, and to decide where she will attend school. I really don't know what the rush was since SCHOOL STARTS IN THREE WEEKS!
- that Rocky dog is learning to love staying outside during the day. His chewing of TV remotes, books, etc got him banished there beginning last week.
- for the beautiful job Chip has done painting some old furniture. It looks like I bought a whole bunch of new furniture.
- that my family is no where near as dysfunctional as some I know
- for reconnecting with an old acquaintance last night on the phone - an adoptive mom of two beautiful little girls
- that I will be participating again this year in the VaLEND program at Virginia Commonwealth University. I love the opportunity to show professionals what life is really like being a parent of children with disabilities.