Friday, April 1, 2011

Caught My Eye


Here is a list of news stories that caught my eye this week. Hope you all have a great weekend!

This app for the IPad looks very promising. I’m going to ask Chip to buy it so we can test it. I’ll let you know how it goes.

iASl Translates English to American Sign Language

**************************

The Department of Justice settled a lawsuit with yet another hospital that failed to provide adequate sign language support for patients. All hospitals should realize by now that they MUST provide this support unless they wish to fight the next lawsuit…

DOJ and Inova Settle ADA Lawsuit

**************************

This University of Colorado student has his sights set on being the first Deaf NFL coach, and I think he will realize his dream!

**************************

Colleges and universities should be the first to ensure accessibility for people with disabilities, in my opinion. Unfortunately, they are often not even close to that goal…

Blind Students Oppose College's Use of GMail

**************************

A simple yet very effective idea…

Safety Dots Help Blind Get Around

**************************

And finally, a feel good story to start your weekend – Deaf sign-language choir, disabled youth feel the music in Venezuelan teaching program

1 comment:

Doc McConnell said...

I'm skeptical about the iASL app, especially because it doesn't (can't) include non-manuals. How can it bill itself as a learn-to-communicate application without such a fundamental feature of the language?

I'm eager for your review!