Thursday, September 27, 2012
Don't Mess With The Best
My friend, Tammy Hodson, posted this on Facebook, and I just had to share it with you! Considering the things I have been experiencing trying to get information on how my daughter was hurt at school, this just couldn't be more timely. Perhaps I need to forward it to the folks at my school district that are refusing to provide me with information!
12 REASONS YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE BEFORE MESSING WITH SPECIAL NEEDS PARENTS:
1. Some of us have given up on social skills and don't care what we say or do.
2. We're not afraid to have a serious "meltdown" of our own.
3. We are tired and all the patience we have is for our kids.
4. We have A far shorter fuse for nonsense as a result of our responsibilities but A FAR thicker skin.
5. We can get you...in a hold/lockdown position in less than 3.5 secs.
6. We can shoot you a look that would make a linebacker tremble in his boots.
7. Chances are it's been a while since we've had a full night of sleep and that will give us a reason to plead insanity.
8. Our tolerance and patience is for our kids who didn't choose to have special needs, not for someone who CHOOSES to behave inappropriately and is ABLE to control their actions.
9. We're probably already on edge and it would be stupid to push us over.
10. We are sleep deprived and already defensive, and we spend all of our patience on our children, doctors, therapists, social workers and teachers, why would we waste an ounce of it on a total stranger?
11. We've had to fight from the moment of our child's birth, so by the time you piss us off we're seasoned battlers and could win a war.
12.We devote our lives to our children and don't need more stress and people who don't understand our life.