Thursday, December 20, 2012

Unwrapping My Present Today

I've decided that my Christmas gift to myself this year will be time - more time with my children, more time with a book and not a computer, more time experiencing instead of writing about experiences.

My children and I are so very blessed, and I feel the need to just concentrate on those blessings for a while. I don't want interruptions from the email call, 'You've Got Mail.' I don't want to read Facebook posts that threaten the peace I feel during this glorious holiday time. I don't want work stressors to invade my mind.

I want to hug more friends, fill my family with hot cocoa and cookies, and watch cheesy holiday movies. I want to snuggle on the couch, smell wood smoke in the air, and wear new Christmas pajamas.

To make these things, and all my other holiday wishes front and center, I need to take a break from blogging. For the next few weeks, I am going to step away from the computer and step toward my blessings. I've included one more video for you of another of my favorite songs in ASL. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and that all your dreams come true! See you in January!

No comments: