Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful...

  • For my undereye cover-up makeup. It keeps me from scaring people on those days after Ashley has decided to party the night away.

  • For times spent on a warm Spring evening, sitting on the front porch, and blowing bubbles for Ashley to try and catch.

  • For the bright sunny day today. After what seems like weeks of steady rain, I feel like I should stand in the middle of my front yard and offer praises to the Sun God.

  • That this weekend I will get to plant flowers and vegetables in my garden. I am sorely in need of some dirt under my fingernails.

  • For those 100-calorie packs of snacks. I don’t know if they really work, but it makes me feel like I am eating a tad bit healthier.

  • For the pair of cardinals who decided to share their mating ritual with my family yesterday evening, right outside our back door.

  • For neighbors who smile and call out greetings as they walk past our house.

  • For pancakes for dinner in the middle of the week.

  • For unexpected phone calls from friends out of town.

  • For my cat who plays fetch. My dog won’t fetch, but Winky the cat will.


No comments: