Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful...

  • that in one more day I will be headed out of town for my annual (no kids) respite weekend. Yea, I'm excited :)

  • that the sun finally decided to reappear in my corner of the world. The more it rains, the more the devil's spawn, known as camel crickets, come in my house.

  • that Steve-O got kicked of Dancing With The Stars. I know he was trying at the end to do better, but he's just not my cup of tea.

  • that Ashley's regular bus, driver and aide are back. My cranky pants rant earlier this week worked.

  • that I get to go to the circus with Lynnette and Brooke on Saturday! It's the same circus that I took Ashley to see, and it was great. I bet Brooke is going to love it!

  • for my beautiful blooming azaleas - bursts of white and pink!

  • for Brewster's ice cream in a waffle cone. Did you know that after buying 10, you get one free? I'm up to 7!!

  • that in just three or four weeks, I will be planting my vegetable garden. My mouth is already watering thinking about fresh cucumbers, squash, and tomatoes.

  • for people like the woman on Britain's Got Talent who shattered preconceived notions about one's abilities being linked to one's appearance.

  • for educators who care, really care, about doing the best job possible (that would include you, Lynnette, and you, Amy!).

No comments: