Thursday, June 4, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today's Thankful Thursday post is late, and that's because Ashley had an MRI under anesthesia today. We had to be at the hospital early, but still waited several hours before the actual procedure. If there is one thing that Ashley doesn't do well, it's waiting.

So today I am thankful that the MRI is over, and that Ashley probably won't remember the battle we had getting her to lie down on the stretcher for anesthesia.

I am thankful for the wonderful recovery room nurses. Since Ashley has these MRIs every six months, the nurses remember her, and know how important it is to keep me posted on how Ashley is doing. They make sure to call me to recovery just before she completely wakes up so my face can be the first one she sees.

I am thankful for my son, Chip, who has gone with us to the last two MRIs. It's comforting to have him by my side, and his muscle is ever so helpful for lifting wheelchairs and a certain reluctant 14 year old girl.

And, I am thankful that Ashley was back to her normal self within an hour of arriving home. It's amazing how therapeutic some macaroni and cheese can be!

Our visit with the neurosurgeon is tomorrow, and I am thankful we don't have to wait long to know the results of the MRI. If the three tumors in Ashley's brain are still not growing, then we may be able to go to once a year MRIs.

And most importantly, I'm thankful for the most amazing and beautiful 14 year old girl there ever was!

2 comments:

Dalya said...

*cheers* fingers crossed!!! my step brother helped through alot of appointments with audiologists. Family support is so important!

deafDalya

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

Then I will be keeping my fingers crossed that you hear only good news tomorrow (which is now today). All the best!