Monday, February 28, 2011

Smart Things


I've done some really dumb things in my life, but I've also done some really smart things. Here's a short list of my smart things:

  • I bought carpet which is the color of dirt for my whole house.

  • I taught and required my kids to begin doing their own laundry at the age of 12.

  • I put lots of mulched areas in my yard - so much less mowing.

  • I gave up accounting for my job in the computer industry.

  • I got out of an abusive marriage right after the birth of my first child.

  • I took both my school district and my state's Medicaid office to court - and won


And now just to balance that list out a bit, here's one really dumb thing I've done recently:

  • I bought a car with an off-white interior.


So how about you? What are some of the smart things you have done in life?

No comments: