I had almost decided to forego my usual Thankful Thursday post today because I just received some very tragic news. The 6 month old daughter of a dear friend passed away in her sleep last night. The only news I have so far is that little Hannah may have had cardiac arrest in her sleep, but the family is awaiting autopsy results. I am angry at God right now, and cannot understand why so many children to whom I am connected have had to die. In light of those feelings, I do feel compelled to try to find 10 things for which, at this very moment, I am thankful.
I am thankful...
- that my faith is strong and even though I don't understand and am angry, I still trust God and His wisdom.
- that my children are safe and well
- that my friend, Carla, has a wonderful husband and a large family on whom to lean during this difficult time
- that Carla had her beautiful little daughter for 6 months
- for my friends, my family, and everyone who helps me find strength during difficult times
- that I have plans to spend a weekend soon with Lynnette and Brooke
- for beautiful, warm and sunny days in the middle of winter
- for rainbows at funerals
- for every good thing in my life and the lives of the people I love
- for every breath I take