Friday, July 2, 2010

Baltimore - Day 3


As day three of our long weekend dawned, we all slowly got up and enjoyed the free breakfast at the Homewood Suites hotel in which we spent the night. All you can eat, free breakfasts is great when you are traveling with three teenage boys!

We were all pretty worn out but decided to stop by Ikea on the way home. We had never been to Ikea, but I have heard so many good things that I was anxious to check it out. It didn’t disappoint!

I found about a 100 things that I loved, but only a few that I decided to buy. I did see some chairs that I like, but I will need to take the van back up there to get them. One of my favorite areas was their little food section. Lots of Swedish delicacies were available, and we stocked up on cookies, blueberry jam and pear soda.

After Ikea, we opted for lunch at Famous Dave’s Barbecue. The food was great but the facilities were not. The tables were so close together that it was almost impossible to get Ronnie’s wheelchair to our table. He finally decided to transfer to a regular chair and asked the waiter to store his wheelchair somewhere out of the way. That worked and we all enjoyed our last meal of the mini-vacation.



I enjoyed the trip tremendously but getting home was wonderful also. I was seriously in need of some Ashley-time, and although the hotel beds were great, they just couldn’t compare to my own bed.

Bedtime came early as did time to go to work the next morning. I am now looking forward to this coming long holiday weekend and a little more rest at home!

No comments: