Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Special Exposure Wednesday


So how do you get a 14 year old, deafblind girl with major sensory defensiveness issues to let you paint her toenails? Well, if you are Miss Amy, you wait until Ashley is asleep and very gently remove the comforter from her feet. Then paint away and Ashley wakes up to a very pleasant surprise! She loves having nail polish on her toenails but just hates the process of getting there (if she is awake).





Make sure to check out all the other Special Exposure Wednesday shots at 5 Minutes For Special Needs!

3 comments:

Queenbuv3 said...

It's amazing how inventive we become when we really want something for our children. I'm sure she will love them! What girl doesn't love pink?

I used to have to sneak into my sons room like a ninja with a flashlight to cut his toenails when he was little. Luckily, he lets me cut his fingernails (looks away with each cut) and toenails (no problem) now. I always tell him he is so brave to let me cut his nails because his father won't let me near his! My husband would have to be in a coma (God forbid) for me to be able to cut them.

CristyLynn said...

Now that's creativity!

Emily said...

That's how we cut Noah's hair. He would probably love his toes painted, but I think Brian would kill me!