Today, I am dedicating my Thankful Thursday list to my children in honor of Mother's Day. Today I am thankful...
- for the way Ashley leans against me and falls asleep for 10 minutes each school morning while we wait for her bus
- for the pride Corey displays when he is wearing his JROTC uniform. He deserves to feel proud of himself.
- that Chip offered to buy a week's worth of groceries for me for Mother's day. I said no, of course, but it was very sweet that he was willing to do it.
- that Jessica still calls me every single night, even if it is just to yell at me.
- that Ashley is still very much a Momma's Girl. All my children are growing up so quickly and it is hard to let go of the closeness of their younger lives.
- that finally after 4 years, Corey does seem to be an integral part of our family.
- for the sweet way Chip touches Ashley on her cheek each morning, even if she is being Miss Grumpy Pants
- that Jessica still tells everyone that she thinks I am beautiful
- that all my children are growing into fine people, people who care, people who I am convinced will make a positive difference in this world
- and finally, for the child I have yet to find but hope to bring home one day in the near future
Happy Mother's Day!