Thursday, May 7, 2009

Thankful Thursday


Today, I am dedicating my Thankful Thursday list to my children in honor of Mother's Day. Today I am thankful...

  • for the way Ashley leans against me and falls asleep for 10 minutes each school morning while we wait for her bus

  • for the pride Corey displays when he is wearing his JROTC uniform. He deserves to feel proud of himself.

  • that Chip offered to buy a week's worth of groceries for me for Mother's day. I said no, of course, but it was very sweet that he was willing to do it.

  • that Jessica still calls me every single night, even if it is just to yell at me.

  • that Ashley is still very much a Momma's Girl. All my children are growing up so quickly and it is hard to let go of the closeness of their younger lives.

  • that finally after 4 years, Corey does seem to be an integral part of our family.

  • for the sweet way Chip touches Ashley on her cheek each morning, even if she is being Miss Grumpy Pants

  • that Jessica still tells everyone that she thinks I am beautiful

  • that all my children are growing into fine people, people who care, people who I am convinced will make a positive difference in this world

  • and finally, for the child I have yet to find but hope to bring home one day in the near future


Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Allie said...

Well said! What a beautiful tribute to not only your children but you as a wonderful mother!

I too wish that we lived closer one day, not though to take you up on that incredibly thoughtful offer of watching my kids and daycare kids, but to meet you and meet your beautiful family. You are all special and I am sure touch people's lives in such an incredibly positive way. Happy Mother's Day!!

Kimberly said...

I found your blog from the 5 minutes for special needs. I am the mother of a 4 year old girl, Fiona, and an 8 month girl, Matilda, who was born with special needs. We are currently correcting her diagnosis from recent MRI scans. She has Joubert Syndrome - characterized by a brain malformation. I wept at this post because you summed up exactly how I feel about my special daughter. We have truly been given a gift - to be these beautiful children's mothers - because God knows we can do it. I feel as if I won the "baby lottery" with my Matilda.

I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you and your family even better.

A very Happy Mother's Day to you!

Kimberly

Ashley's Mom said...

Allie and Kimberly, Happy Mother's Day to both of you! Kimberly, it's so nice to *meet* you! I really enjoy meeting parents who share my joy at parenting children with special needs. My children, like yours, and like every mother's child, is indeed a gift. My gifts are just more special than some others :)

Deborah (Ashley's Mom)

Queenbuv3 said...

Everyone should count their blessings everyday. Not enough people are grateful for what they do have and focus on what they don't have. My children aren't "perfect" either but that is what makes them soooo special. The little things mean so much don't they?