Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This edition of Thankful Thursday is dedicated to my son, Chip. Chip graduates from high school this year, and I couldn't ask for a better son!



Today I am thankful...

  • that Chip has a plan for his life and is acting on that plan. I realize his plans may change, but I have no doubts that he will adjust as necessary.

  • that learning has come easily to Chip. With all the other 'things' in his life, not the least of which is being a sibling to three adopted children with disabilities, it is good that he didn't have to struggle academically also.

  • that Chip serves as a wonderful role model for his siblings. They can see the results of committment and drive. They can see his success and hopefully realize that their success can be defined also by their actions.

  • that Chip was accepted to the college of his choice and that the college is in our hometown. I wasn't quite ready for him to leave the nest just yet...

  • for the scholarships that Chip has received. It takes a bit of the weight off my shoulders.

  • for the awards and honors he received at his high school senior assembly yesterday, and that it really bothered him that not all his classmates received honors.

  • for the levelheaded way he is managing his money and preparing for the unexpected costs and fees associated with starting college.

  • that he has matured into a fine man, a man full of compassion and understanding, a man with a drive to make the world a better place.

  • and that he still calls me 'Mommy', but don't tell him I told you that!


3 comments:

Nina Diane said...

Congrats to Chip! I know you are proud....

Queenbuv3 said...

Congrats on raising such a wonderful person!

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

That's really sweet.
And don't worry, we won't tell on you. :D