Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This Great (?) Commonwealth


This is turning into a banner year here in this glorious Commonwealth in which I live. First, the state's budget is in dire straits - there's no disputing that. But our legislators, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to balance that budget by cutting health care for the poor and disabled and reducing education funding.

It probably comes as no surprise that most of the legislators are good old boys whose children are grown and healthy.

Today, however, I discovered the icing on the cake.

State Delegate Bob Marshall of Manassas says disabled children are God’s punishment to women who have aborted their first pregnancy.

Now I understand. God has spoken and His apostles are just following His commands. Or so they think.

Jerks - big stupid jerks.

****UPDATE****

In this morning's Richmond Times Dispatch newspaper, Delegate Marshall claims we misunderstood him. Too little, too late, Bob...

Facebook group calling for Mr. Marshall's resignation

Virginians Against Bob Marshall's Ignorance

Petition Calling for Delegate Marshall's Resgination

3 comments:

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

I might well agree with some of his comments on Planned Parenthood but what kind of absolute jacka** could make such a remark?

I certainly wish you all the best in getting this pathetic excuse for a man out of "public service" .... gag, choke

Katherine said...

Oh my goodness... As I am Australian I have no idea who Bob Marshall is! I know one thing though... He is a class A Jerk!

I wonder who 'HIS' God is!!!

He has to now live with this ill spoken words & that will be 'HIS' punishment.

Lisa said...

What an A-HOLE!!
Yep definitely, there is no misunderstanding my words.