Friday, April 16, 2010

Liquid Strength


Tears of joy.

I wanted to be strong and persuasive. I wanted to stand tall, surrounded by my children, convincing all present that I was indeed the best choice.

I wanted my skills, my achievements, my committment and dedication to shine forth.

But all that came were tears of joy - as always happens when I talk about my children and how blessed I feel.

Then the judge cried with me and a new family was born.

Perhaps my strength has always been in those tears.

3 comments:

Katherine said...

How beautiful... I am so happy for you & your family!

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

"Perhaps my strength has always been in those tears."

That's a nice thought. And I hope you're right. Because I, too, tend to tear up (a lot) when it comes to discussing my children. Perhaps not exactly for the same reasons as you but...

Janet said...

:-)

one of these days I really hope I will get to meet you face-to-face.