Thursday, November 1, 2007

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful for:

  • The cutest little skunk (and his mom!) that ever came trick or treating at my house!

  • The beautiful sunrise this morning, framed by whiter than white cirrus clouds

  • The smell of wood smoke hanging in the air on a cold morning. It reminds me of pulling into my parent’s country home many years ago.

  • Crockpot stew, a fresh salad, and homemade biscuits for dinner

  • My very soft, fluffy socks with the non-skid disks on the bottom

  • A cup of chamomile tea late in the evening

  • Making plans for Thanksgiving dinner

  • The calm that takes over when I pet my fat, purring cat

  • Being able to go for walks on my lunch hour and not worry about getting too hot

  • Carved pumpkins with a candle burning inside