Today I am thankful...
- That the dragon has been slain – more details soon!
(pictured is a painting by Rogier van der Weyden, Saint George and the Dragon, 1432-1435, National Gallery of Art, Ailsa Mellon Bruce Fund - Brave Saint George, dressed in shiny armor, is trying to rescue a princess from a terrible dragon that is terrorizing her town.)
- That today I chatted on the phone with a friend who used to be Ashley’s occupational therapist – the best therapist in the world, may I say – and got the update on her lovely family.
- That despite my age, I don’t look too bad walking away in a snug pair of jeans
- For slightly lower pollen numbers this week. Of course, the trade-off has been more rain, but at least my garden likes that.
- For a very sweet Mother’s Day last Sunday – cards, jewelry and even a pie from Amy!
- That the “David’s” are the final two in American Idol.
- And proud that this morning while my children were sleeping, I single-handedly killed a camel cricket that was waiting in my shower
- For Subway’s vegetable subs with honey mustard
- That my insurance company has waived the deductible for repairing my car’s windshield after it was broken by a dump truck throwing rocks yesterday afternoon
- That I finally figured out how to use my Video IPod.