Both MommyDearest at The Quirk Factor and Terri at Barriers, Bridges and Books gave me the I Love Your Blog Award! Today, I am thankful for bloggers like them who advocate for people with disabilities. Thank you both for thinking of me and sharing this lovely award!
Today, I am also thankful...
- for my frequent evening chats with my friend, Lynnette. She is my sister in spirit, and she knows, really knows both the joy and the pain of parenting a child with significant disabilities.
- for country fried steak and pepper gravy. I know, I know, it's not very healthy, but every so often it is really, really good.
- that the tire on my van was going flat just slowly enough that I could make it to the tire repair shop and didn't have to stop on the side of the road.
- for Ashley's happy smile each morning while waiting for the school bus.
- for the two books one of my coworkers brought me this week. I am a voracious reader, and there is nothing that brightens my day like a good book.
- that hurricane Gustav didn't wipe out New Orleans. That city really needs a break...
- that I figured out that if you tip a full length mirror at a slight angle against the wall, it makes you look about 5 pounds slimmer. I don't understand why, but I swear it does.
- for a new pair of pajamas. Is it my imagination or do you really sleep better the first night you wear a new pair of pajamas?
- for a tall glass of chilled lemon grass tea.
- that Ashley has Miss Amy in her classroom for one more year. I'm not at all sure what Ash will do when she has to go to high school without her Miss Amy.