Friday, July 22, 2011

Gone Fishin'


Well, not really, but I do need a little break. I'm taking a few days off from posting - from thinking - from working - from not napping - from schedules - from living life on a time clock.

It's summer, and summer means a slower pace, right? Mine is anything but that. But for the next few days, it will be slower. I hope Ashley will let me sleep just 15 minutes longer. I may take a bubble bath after she goes to bed at night. I will savor a dinner, not just inhale it. I will listen to the birds, and dead head my flowers. I will scratch mosquito bites and wear flip flops until bedtime. Heck, I might even have a wine cooler or one of my mother's drinks of choice, a Tom Collins. (I have no idea what a Tom Collins is but it sounds like summer, don't you think?).

So enjoy your weekends, everyone. Stay cool and I will see you all again very soon.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I recommend a mojito for summer. Very light and refreshing.

Enjoy your time off; you write a great blog. I'll be waiting for you to come back.

HennHouse said...

I hear you!! My summer is ALWAYS busier than the school year!

Linda J. Meikle (Former Linda Cash) said...

I just had to read this one. My dad's headstone reads, "Gone Fishing".

Hope you get the rest and relaxation you need. :)