Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Didn't Forget


I haven't forgotten to post today, but I am just delaying my post.

Ashley's appointment with the neurosurgeon is today. We will get the results of her recent brain MRI. So I've decided to delay my post until I have (hopefully) good news to share...

Stop back by this afternoon please...

****************************************
Here's the post-doctor update, and it's a good one!!

There has been no change in Ashley's three brain tumors. The neurosurgeon has watched her closely over the last 5 years and done too many MRI studies to count, and each and everyone was exactly the same.

The verdict? We can now wait 3-4 years for another study, unless of course I notice any changes like weakness, headaches, loss of function, etc.

To say that I am thrilled is an understatement. The MRIs were so very difficult for Ashley and the use of anesthesia was always scary for me.

The doctor did scan her cervical spine this past time, and he also noticed nothing of concern there. He did say she has a bit of arthritis, but if she's not complaining, then neither am I!!

It's a good day. Now if we could just get our power back on post hurricane Irene, it would be a great day!

4 comments:

Krystle said...

yay good news, from Dr. T, I presume!
We see him again in October, I think.

Ashley's Mom said...

Hey Krystle! Yep, it was Dr. T. He also had 2 trainee doctors with him and I didn't like them at all. But seeing him again was nice and the news is wonderful!

How have you all been?

Krystle said...

Hey we are good. Morgan is starting 2x weekly PT this week & I just cannot believe I have two babies in therapy.

I don't know where the time is going to come for all of this!

So glad you got good news!

Michelle Morgan-Coole said...

I think I've been hanging out on Facebook too much lately. For a brief moment, reading your post, I found myself wanting to look for the Like button! LOL

Seriously, great news!