Friday, August 19, 2011

The Worst Day


Today is the worst day so far this year...

Ashley and I will be at the hospital early this morning for her annual MRI under anesthesia. Ashley has three brain tumors. We've been watching them for four years now. At first, the MRIs were every six months. Then, because the doctor was seeing no change, we went to an annual schedule. And, if today's MRI continues to show no negative change in the tumors, I will have to make the decision whether or not I want to go to an 18 month schedule.

The MRIs are so very, very hard for Ashley and for me. She gets extremely anxious the minute we pull into the hospital parking lot. And then it goes downhill from there....I'm not going to go into the details because I don't want to think about them right now.

I just want it all to be over. I want to see Ashley's eyes open and a smile touch her lips. I want the tumors to have magically disappeared.

Your thoughts and prayers would be most welcome today...

3 comments:

Trish said...

Prayers going up now for you both. God bless you!

Krystle said...

I'm so sorry. I know exactly how you feel (to an extent). Peyton has gone through so much lately that she bursts out into tears when she sees anyone who looks like a nurse or doctor.
I've had to make decisions regarding specific tests because I feel like the importance of them vs. more traumatizing is not beneficial right now.
Hugs.
I hope it's all just a blur soon & it would be GREAT if they were gone, but we would take smaller, much smaller!

Queenbuv3 said...

Hope the results bring some good news.