Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Special Exposure Wednesday

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...

You have kept the lights burning bright since the hurricane ravaged my town. You have allowed me to run fans to keep the heat at bay. Because of you, I can cook with my crockpot, my wok, and my electric griddle. You help me iron my clothes and dry my hair. You even wash my dishes.

Sure, you can be loud and obnoxious. My neighbors say the sound bothers them, but I think what really bothers them is that they don't have one of your family members.

You have kept me somewhat sane for 5 days now and who knows how many more are to come...

Thank you, my generator, from the bottom of my heart!


1 comment:

Lucy said...

The only reason your neighbors even hear it is because their own AC and household appliances aren't on.

We have one, too, but since we have to go at least 3 hours without power before I'll fire it up, I've not used it in 7 years.